companion-of-doctor-who:

colleenclarkart:

I made a comic with pretty much the same punchline as this other comic I made maybe no one will notice

Nope, I didn’t notice.. completely…

(via thetimidherbivore)

A little while ago I posted a blue quilt block with a pink embroidered heart that I had made to go on a quilt for a co-worker who is battling breast cancer.  Well, here’s the pieced top.  I was chosen by my boss to piece this quilt because she thinks I’m a perfectionist (it’s not true, but don’t tell her that).  It’s made of a soft flannel.  Those who decorated quilt blocks were told to leave a 1/2” seam allowance.  Some people decorated squares with this jelly-like paint within the seam allowances that would melt when I tried to press seams!  I made this using the Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.2.  I love this machine and want it so badly, but it would probably cost an entire paycheck :(.

On a “kick-in-the-gut” note, right after turning in my quilt block, I got a text from my mom that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer.  She actually just had surgery yesterday and is resting up at home.  She’ll begin radiation therapy in about six weeks.

bad-idea—bear:

How does one fix the tension on a sewing machine?

What do your stitches look like?  Are they birdnesting or loopy on the top or bottom of the fabric?

My rotary cutter won’t cut through quilter’s cotton, but it will slice my thumb with sickening ease.

11 of the 13 fat quarters I need for the quilt I’m making.

I just ordered the rest of the fabric I need to make the Kool Kats Kwilt present. I can’t wait to get started.

sixpenceee:

orangepenguino:

sixpenceee:

hey! remember my first post on the cemetery fandom?

HERE’S SOME MORE FUEL!

Wait. Cemetery fandom is a thing? Because I have a favorite cemetery.

It definitly should be. Some of these are a work of art, like come on, they are beautiful. 

(via xneverxmorex)

I finished my knit dress sometime last weekend.  The fabric is an interlock cotton knit, and I used McCall’s 6697 (though I adjusted the fit and shortened the sleeves).  The point of this project, other than to get a comfy dress, was to get to know my overlock machine.  I used a 4-thread overlock stitch for the seams and a narrow cover stitch on the hems and neckline.  The wings came from Urban Threads, and while they came out a little lopsided, it seems to give the dress a more organic feel (plus they straighten up once on my body).  This dress was very popular at work :)